Check-out cleaning is a very complex, time-consuming, and exhausting chore. When it comes to returning your security deposit in full, end of tenancy cleaning is no joke. That’s why relying on trustworthy professionals is the best move for getting your money back.
What is End of Tenancy Cleaning?
When on the move, one of the most important tasks you need to complete is the end of lease clean-up. This is a must. All landlords include this in your lease agreement. More than 50% of all end of tenancy disputes are lead because of insufficient property hygiene. You may end up losing a significant amount of your deposit for skipping this step. It’s a good idea to check your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, so as you’re in the know and bad landlords can’t take advantage.
What does End of Tenancy Cleaning Include?
You may be wondering what is expected of you – it’s not mandatory to hire professionals, it is recommended. Certified cleaners do this kind of job every day and know the drill off by heart. Attempting it on your own is a little risky, though if you think you can manage it, you might want to take a look at an end of tenancy cleaning checklist. Here’s a short list of the basics so you get the idea:
1. Kitchen – you need to clean all tiling in the kitchen, all kitchen appliances and replace any broken. All of the rubbish and food waste must be thrown out. Must wipe down all the sides and the cupboards must be clean inside and out.
2. Bathroom – again, all tiling needs to be spotless. Clean sink, toilet, bath, shower.
3. Bedrooms – you need to make sure the bedrooms are in a similar or the same condition as it was when you arrived. If the mattress is deteriorated you may want to consider a professional mattress cleaning service.
4. Hallway – has to be in the same condition as when you arrived.
Other than these exhausting chores, you need to:
– Hoover and mop all floors and carpets wall to wall.
– Dust and wipe all flat surfaces.
– Dust and wipe all furniture.
– Clean all windows, polish all glass surfaces and mirrors in the property.
– All radiators must be cleaned.
– Doors and skirting boards need to be wiped down
How Much does End of Tenancy Cleaning Cost?
End of lease cleaning prices vary from company to company. We can give a rough idea for average London prices:
|1 bedroom property||£90-£180|
|2 bedroom property||£130-£240|
|3 bedroom property||£160-£270|
|4 bedroom property||£180-£300|
Think it’s a bit pricey? Look into deposit deductions for cleaning – it’s worth it. You could end up losing a considerable amount of your deposit due to inadequate cleaning. Prices vary from company to company. Sometimes choosing can be hard. Don’t judge the quality by the price. What you need to look into is the companies specific checklist, whether they are insured cleaners or not, and whether they are real professionals. Every company can slap the word “professional” on it. Look for certified and trustworthy professionals to help you get the job done.
Need to Book Professionals?
Take advantage of our free quote and contact us now! Crown Cleaners team of reliable and friendly professional cleaners are happy to oblige with to all your cleaning needs. Don’t miss out on quality cleaners at reasonable prices and contact us at 020 3761 5879 for the cleaning service you need!